For everyone who doesn't know, my soon to be published debut adult fantasy novel, The Battle For Metagore, takes place over the course of a civil war between 6 kingdoms. The story is told from all 6 kingdoms' POVs, and follows a multitude of characters.
1. Which character is SO into the holidays, they nearly cause a street-wide power outage from all their Christmas lights?
- Even though she's not in the story that much, I would have to say Kalama. The little bit that she is in the story, you can see how passionate she is for certain things. She has a large family (11 children), and is the type that would go all out for the holidays while her children were all back at home.
2. Which character attends the office new years party with ONE date…and goes home with someone else?
- This would have to be Kaprin. He's very hands-on, feely-feely when it to interacting with females. If one gives him the time of day, he'll escort her to the bedroom (if they even make it that far) and bang one out; then he'd be off looking for the next girl that he can seduce into bed.
3. Which character is more than happy to steal Hanukkah gelt from poor, unsuspecting children? [Note: Hanukkah gelt = chocolate coins]
- Darius for sure. Not that he is down right evil, like many believe, but because he looks down and degrades those lesser than him (which is the majority of the population).
4. Fill in the blanks: I saw ____[character]____ doing a whole lot more than ____[verb]____-ing Santa Claus. They were full on ____[action]____.
- I saw Rosule doing a whole lot more than persuading Santa Claus. They were full on getting it on.
5. One of your characters decides to pregame before church and passes out in the middle of the Christmas service. Which character is it?
- I want to say Kaprin, but since I already used him for question #2, I'm going to go with Brighton. He's not the type that would pregame, but I'm picking him because he doesn't even make it through his own ceremony before having to return himself back inside his castle. (I know, I'm terrible lol)
6. Which character hasn’t been seen since winter began because they refuse to deal with the snow?
- This is a tough one. Just about any demon or imp in my story, because they are cold-blooded beings. But if I have to pick just one, I'm going to go with Mivros. Which in the story he does go out into the snowy mountains of BrightHelm, but it doesn't go well for him; and I bet he wishes that he stayed at home in the volcanic wastelands of Sentries.
7. Which character completely forgot about the holidays and ends up regifting to everyone?
- I would say Tera. Not because she actually forgot, but because she isn't completely aware of her own culture's heritage and celebrations, so I feel that she would just not know about the tradition to give gifts until she started receiving them from others.
8. Which character has such crappy luck, they only discover their potato allergy after pigging out on latkes?
- Poor ol' Cornelius. The only "good" thing that happens to him in the story is that he gets elected to be the lord over Metagore; which is ultimately what sparks the rebellion on the grand dukes and the start of the war amongst the 6 kingdoms.
9. The Krampus has arrived to punish your very bad characters. Which character is kinda into it?
- Um, maybe Caski. He's a lich, so he's use to the physical punishment that his body undergoes from his magic usage. He's also a bit cynical, and literally laughs in the face of danger; so, I can see him enjoying any punishment brought upon him.
10. One of your characters should be on the naughty list, but has convinced Santa to clear their name. Which character is it, and what was their means of persuasion?
- Azreal should definitely be on the naughty list, but he has a way of reading people and knowing just what to say to get his way.