1. Introduce yourself!
My name’s Derek Stewart. I’m an aspiring author with an upcoming fantasy novel, THE BATTLE FOR METAGORE, set to release in the late spring/early summer of 2019
2. What are your hobbies?
Writing obviously. Lol. I also enjoy doing over creative and artistic projects (such as creating 3D renders of my characters). I also love spending time with my wife and three kids.
3. What was the first concert you attended?
The first concert I ever went to was Winter Jam. It is an annual tour of different Christian rock and pop groups.
4. Where do you most hope to visit?
Within the US, I’d like to visit each of the 50 states. Outside of the US, I would have to say Australia.
5. What’s your favorite TV show?
GAME OF THRONES!!!
6. What was the best Halloween costume you ever had?
Well, for the majority of my childhood I wore the same costume over and over…which was a vampire cape and wig. But FYI, I LOVE vampires!!!
7. What’s your dream job?
Writing of course. Lol. But mainly anything that I can do from home and at my own pace.
8. What’s your most-used emoji?
9. What movie or TV show title best describes your week?
The Fast and the Furious
10. What was/is your favorite subject in school?
My favorite class would be a toss-up between art and math
11. What’s your hidden talent?
I don’t really believe I have a “hidden” talent… But I guess for those who don’t know me, it’d be my creativeness. Whether it be in writing, drawing, engineering, or whatever.
12. If you could only eat one thing, what would it be?
Pizza … tacos … shrimp … ugh, you’re going to make me pick just one? How could you?!
13. What was your first job?
My first job would be farming while I was still in high school, but it was all under the table money. So, my first “real” job was working at Jordan’s Kwik Stop (a Subway/Pizza Pro/gas station)
14. What’s one of your favorite memories?
This would hands down be when I became a father
15. Who was your biggest teacher in life?
I wouldn’t say that I had one who had the most influence. I am pretty hard headed and don’t really listen to much of what people try to tell me. But I have taken pointers from my own observation from many of wonderful people.
16. Name something that always makes you happy.
My kids. They can get on my nerves something awful, but I couldn’t be happier.
17. What advice would you give your 18-year-old self?
Stay true to who you are and never change for anyone.
18. What would you like to be an expert in?
Well, being an author, I would have to say “writing”
19. What does success mean to you?
In life: a means to support my family and be financially stable
As an author: when someone will take the time out to make a video on YouTube, gushing about my story and talking about their fan theories
20. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
To never reflect upon the comments of others
21. Where is your happy place?
At home in the peace and quiet...well, when the kids are asleep
22. Name three qualities you value in people.
Loyalty, honesty, respect
23. What would you like to be famous for?
24. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Constantly snacking on junk food
25. What job would you be terrible at?
A doctor. Not that I would be terrible at the job itself, but I faint at the sight of blood.
26. Describe yourself in only three words.
Adaptable, diligent, reliable
27. What is a dream you haven’t achieved yet?
Publishing a book
28. Do you have any phobias?
29. Do you have any pets?
We have 3 cats that we found as kittens locked inside our shed (Kynlee, Mystique, & Selene)
30. What is your favorite song?
This changes all the time for me, it just depends on my current mood. But at the moment, it would have to be “Without Me” by Halsey
31. What is your favorite movie?
Same as with the song, this changes and depends on my mood. For the moment it would be "We're The Millers"