1. Lies. What is the biggest fallacy you’re telling yourself with writing/being a writer?
A: That book 2 won't be as good as book 1.
2. Starting New. Does the first draft scare you or motivate you?
A: I wouldn't say that it does either. But the first draft is my least favorite thing about the writing process.
3. Roadblock. What’s your number one obstacle stopping you from writing?
A: Having to balance work and the family.
4. Reflect. How can you overcome the obstacle?
A: Better time management.
5. Perfection. How can you challenge yourself to get passed the perfectionism-procrastination trap?
A: Honestly, I don't feel that I struggle with either of those.
6. Failure sucks. How can you grow from a failure?
A: You learn what works and what doesn't work. And for what doesn't, you can figure out why it doesn't work then improve on that, and strive not to make the same mistake again.
7. Rejection sucks too. How can you grow/learn from rejection?
A: It's humbling. You come to the realization that not everyone is going to like you or your story. Just remember, it's not your job to try to persuade them. It's your job to be yourself and stay true to who you want to be. It may take time, but those rejections will eventually turn into acceptances.
8. Create Action. How do you keep moving towards your goals?
A: The excitement of bringing my world to life and having others emerge themselves in it is what drives me forward day-to-day.
9. New Year, New Outlook. If Fear wasn’t holding you back… what would you be doing right now to further your writing dreams?
A: I don't really feel like fear is holding me back.
10. Leap of Faith. What is one thing you plan to do this year even though it scares you?
A: One thing that I did this past year was release my debut novel. I think for any writer, that is probably the scariest thing to do.